Training – On site lab-training > IVF Cryobiology: embryo and ooyte vitriﬁcation
The Main goal of this part of the training program is to provide the trainee with the sufficient practice to autonomously run a successful embryo and oocyte cryopreservation program at their working place.
Facilities and equipments:
Cryopreservation units within the IVF laboratories, as above described, containing all the equipments needed to freeze and store safely oocytes and embryos.
Recommended training time ranges depending on the student’s previous background and expertise, as recommended by the experts committee.
Expenses per range (not included travel grants or accommodation).
Definition of the maximum number of affordable trainees per year. The capacity of the whole IVI group (21 clinics, and different laboratories in each) can be estimated to be between 30 and 40 trainees per year, including all different clinics, with a mean duration of 6 months/trainee.
Assigned tutors. Certificate of attendance and accomplishment, issued by IVI Docencia, from Instituto Universitario IVI, Universitat de València.
Standard operation procedures
- Safety guidelines for the IVF cryobiology laboratory
- Reports preparation
- IVF cryobiology equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Good practices in the IVF cryobiology lab
- Quality controls
- Culture media preparation
- Laboratory setup
- Stock control
- Embryo freezing: conventional methods
- Embryo freezing: vitrification
- Embryo thawing and evaluation
- Oocyte freezing: vitrification
- Oocyte thawing and evaluation